My family members have been some of the best supporters for my bakes and I love making things they like, especially for special occasions.
Mum has always been a fan of chocolate banana cakes, especially the one from Secret Recipe. So I’ve long set my mind on baking a choco banana cake for her birthday 🙂
Searched through some recipes and finally decided to make a cupcake version instead as I really wanted to practice my piping.
I pretty much followed the recipe to a T (which is extremely simple) and the cupcakes turned out really moist and fragrant! Some things to share from the experience:
– Make sure the banana is ripe enough so that the aroma and taste are will not be overwhelmed by the chocolate
– I used Valhorna cocoa powder and the chocolate flavour is really rich and intense
– The cupcakes stay moist in the fridge and still tastes pretty good 3 days old
– If you’re lazy or have no time to prepare the frosting, it tastes pretty awesome as a chocolate banana muffin too!
– I sprinkled some chopped almonds on top of the frosting to create some contrast in terms of colour and the texture. The nutty flavour also helps to cut the richness of the cake and frosting
– Washing up after making chocolate-anything is such a back-breaking chore… But it’s worth it 🙂
“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.”
― Charles M. Schulz